Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tiny People




This evening I spent some time examining some of the poetry I wrote 12 years ago. My words then described uncertainty, escape and fear of the unknown. As I reflected on those raw feelings of so long ago, I found myself sighing with relief, grateful for my present. It was 12 years ago today that I began my self discovery journey. The one where I packed everything I owned into my little white Mazda and drove for days until I reached Colorado. I had $500.00 to my name and one friend to crash with. It was Colorado's beauty that healed this little girls fear and opened my eyes to welcome the unknown. I remember when I arrived, I hiked my very first trail in Boulder (The Royal Arch) and when I reached the top l gasped at the beauty that surrounded me. At that moment I opened my heart and the healing began. Over the years, I have learned how to fall to my knees with grace, get up quickly and smile (even if it hurts). After everything, I have been blessed with the greatest gift... motherhood. A journey with many fresh wounds and jubilant victories. It took everything to get here, the mistakes, the joys, the tears, the hopes.... all worth it. Because now, I have the pleasure of spending my time with these tiny people. Every moment possible I am by there side laughing, singing, dancing,snuggling and being.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nancy, I am really enjoying this. I am so glad that you are writing again. Fantastic pictures of the girls too.

    ReplyDelete