Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Enchanted Birthday

My special little flower, Amelie had her 4th birthday party today. It took everything I had not to ball my eyes out. She is no longer the tiny little baby I once held in my arms. She is now such an amazing young lady! And the time is just going so and too quickly. She came into this world 12 weeks early weighing 2 lbs and 11 ounces. She spent 10 weeks in the NICU. Our little miracle. As healthy as could be... just needed time to grow! I know she has so much purpose in this world. She is just so sweet and loving it melts my heart. While blowing out her candles, I asked her to make a wish and she softly replied "I wish we could all be best friends". Her genuine kindness and open love is a constant reminder to me to be true to what my heart desires and don't let anyone or anything make you lose sight of it. Sometimes as an adult I get distracted with everyone's expectations and judgements. Amelie is an old soul and her confidince inspires me and she is opening my eyes to being youthful and carefree again. She helps me laugh more and worry less. And when it really comes down to it... LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED! And we sure know how to love and be loved in the Bodnar household. So this post is especially for you, my Amelie. You are the bravest, most joyful and kindest spirit I have ever known. Thank you for giving me the gift of motherhood. I am truly blessed! Happy 4th birthday my little flower!

P.S.
We are so proud of you! You are a wonderful Big Sister
xoxo
Amelie ready for her enchanted birthday party at the carousel of happiness

The morning of her birthday party- making apple and cinnamon pancakes for breakfast. Amelie loves to help in the kitchen

So excited for her birthday party!

Penelope-The Fairy is also ready for her sisters enchanted birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment