Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where I've been...

When you know where you belong, you just have to get there. Right? Well, we are there. It took 3 years of living in the front range to realize that we left our hearts here. This iconic town (mostly known for the frozen dead guy in a tuff shed) has always been home. We rented a 100 year old cabin years ago in Old Town and we actually bought our first home here too!

And now we've found the perfect love nest to raise our girls and just be. We came to the realization that modern conveniences have nothing over living smack in the middle of the national forest and having the biggest playground ever in your own back yard! Only made sense that this is where we should raise our children.. And boy are we All happier, relieved, de-stressed, smiling more, giggling more and breathing deeper. Sometimes you just have to listen to your gut and make things happen. I'm feeling more connected to the desires of my heart. I think we all are. Even Amelie who is only 3 years old repeatedly announces how she loves her home in the mountains.

Because this finally feels like our home, I've named our property. It's called Quinta da Saudade. Of course it's portuguese and I have my father to thank for this name. You see my father always had a way of romanticizing the Portuguese language. My father would argue that there is no english words that could possibly do justice to describing the word Saudade. Well, I'm going to try. In a common way it translates as longing for, something your passionate about. Quinta means a villa. And so officially welcome to Quinta Da Saudade. It's where wonderful things happen! May our paths connect soon and may we be blessed with visits from old friends and new!

I am playing with some new looks to gypsybeing. I have this lovely to thank for the AMAZING banner photo.
I also have to thank my dear friend Angie, for helping me create the banner.
Oh and I can't forget this code guru too!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love your new post, we are so happy for you and your family. Being "home" makes a world of difference in the heart of a searcher. There's nothing like it. Love you and enjoy the holiday with your family! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, cheeks! I couldn't believe you moved to the front range to begin with.

    ReplyDelete